Frum Leaders Write: ‘Why We Need You to Vote for Assemblyman Steven Cymbrowitz for Re-election’ - See more at: http://www.theyeshivaworld.com/news/headlines-breaking-stories/257129/frum-leaders-write-why-we-need-you-to-vote-for-assemblyman-steven-cymbrowitz-for-re-election.html#sthash.ewuT0K7d.dpuf
Shmuel Lefkowitz of Agudath Israel knows that he can always count on the Assemblyman to look out for our best interests. “Steven is a true advocate for our community. His priorities are shaped by the community he represents and his voting record reflects the community’s values,” said Lefkowitz.
So let's look at some of his votes that Lefkowitz thinks are Jewish vaules
1. He voted multiple times for a grant program to teach kids about "healthy attitudes" towards homosexuality
S 1451. ESTABLISHMENT OF AGE-APPROPRIATE SEX EDUCATION GRANT PROGRAM;2. He voted multiple times to teach kindergarteners tolerance and respect towards gays which in practice has since led to a school having girls ask other girls to kiss each other.
2. THE COMPONENTS OF INSTRUCTION SHALL INCLUDE WHETHER SUCH INSTRUCTION:
(N) DEVELOPS HEALTHY ATTITUDES AND VALUES CONCERNING GROWTH AND DEVELOPMENT, BODY IMAGE, GENDER ROLES, SEXUAL ORIENTATION AND OTHER SUBJECTS
Instruction in civility, citizenship and character education. The regents shall ensure that the course of instruction in grades kindergarten through twelve includes a component on civility, citizenship and character education. Such component shall instruct students on the principles of honesty, tolerance, personal responsibility, respect for others, observance of laws and rules, courtesy, dignity and other traits which will enhance the quality of their experiences in, and contributions to, the community. The regents shall determine how to incorporate such component in existing curricula and the commissioner shall promulgate any regulations needed to carry out such determination of the regents. FOR THE PURPOSES OF THIS SECTION, "TOLERANCE," "RESPECT FOR OTHERS" AND "DIGNITY" SHALL INCLUDE AWARENESS AND SENSITIVITY TO DISCRIMINATION OR HARASSMENT AND CIVILITY IN THE RELATIONS OF PEOPLE OF DIFFERENT RACES, WEIGHTS, NATIONAL ORIGINS, ETHNIC GROUPS, RELIGIONS, RELIGIOUS PRACTICES, MENTAL OR PHYSICAL ABILITIES, SEXUAL ORIENTATIONS, GENDERS, AND SEXES.
3. He voted to allow gay "couples" to adopt children (read the memo for this bill to see that gay couples were the intent)
4. He voted to ban therapy to help a minor overcome unwanted homosexual desires a practice that was supported by almost 200 rabbanim
also in the beginning of this bill is states
Section 1. Legislative findings and intent. The Legislature hereby finds and declares all of the following:
a. Being lesbian, gay, bisexual or transgender is not a disease, disorder, illness, deficiency, or shortcoming. The major professional associations of mental health practitioners and researchers in the United States have recognized this fact for nearly 40 years.
5. he voted to extend same sex "marriage" to estates, powers and trusts law. (which in essence is a defacto vote for same sex "marriage")
6. He voted specifically to give a tax exemption to a gay organization
7. He voted in favor to the constitutional amendment to allow casinos that many rabbanim urged everyone to vote against after it passed and it when before the state for a vote last year.
8. He voted for Coumo's Abortion Bill (otherwise known as the women's "equality" act)
9. He voted for Sonda the sexual orientation non discrimination act (add gays to the states non discrimination act which allows religious people to get sued for not renting a hall out for a same "sex "wedding"
10.He voted to force insurance companies to provide service for domestic partners (which is basically a civil union originally specifically designed for gays)
since 10 is a nice round number I'll stop here.
He also has a few terrible votes that were done in committee (allowing 21 year old to be tried as a child, stalling a bill that would have convicted molesters government supervision after they get out of jail etc.), or by hostile amendment (tax payer funded abortions) that I would add but since there is no internet record (I have the proof of these votes in case anyone wants them) I'll "excuse" Lefkowitz for not knowing about them.
Vote for this coming Tuesday for Ben Akselrod who has promised publicly he will sponsor a bill to repeal same sex "marriage", and will vote against all anti Torah bills!