To understand what this proposed law does understand that everything in lower case letters is the current law, and capital letters are what (the best of all the assemblyman that currently represent the Jewish community) Assemblyman Dov Hikind is adding to the current-law to lessen the evilness of the law so religious people will not be subjected to anti religious indoctrination (I'm going to bold part of the old law and proposed law that are particularly important) (bracketed section is being taken out)
S 801-a. Instruction in civility, citizenship and character education. The regents shall ensure that the course of instruction in grades kindergarten through twelve includes a component on civility, citizen- ship and character education. Such component shall instruct students on the principles of honesty, tolerance, personal responsibility, respect for others, with an emphasis on discouraging acts of harassment, bully- ing, discrimination, observance of laws and rules, courtesy, dignity and other traits which will enhance the quality of their experiences in, and contributions to, the community. Such component shall include instruc- tion of safe, responsible use of the internet and electronic communi- cations. The regents shall determine how to incorporate such component in existing curricula and the commissioner shall promulgate any regu- lations needed to carry out such determination of the regents. For the purposes of this section, "tolerance," "respect for others" and "digni- ty" shall include awareness and sensitivity to harassment, bullying, discrimination and civility [in the relations of] WITH AN EMPHASIS ON DISCOURAGING ACTS OF BULLYING AND WITH OUT REGARD TO THE REASONING FOR THEIR BEING BULLIED, TOWARD ALL STUDENTS, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO people of different races, weights, national origins, ethnic groups, religions, religious practices, mental or physical abilities, sexual orientations, genders, and sexes. ANY STUDENT, PARENT OR LEGAL GUARDIAN, EXPRESSING A MORAL OR RELIGIOUS OBJECTION TO THIS COURSE OF INSTRUCTION IN THIS SECTION, SHALL BE PROVIDED THE OPPORTUNITY TO UNDERTAKE AND COMPLETE AN ALTERNATIVE PROJECT THAT SHALL BE APPROVED BY SUCH STUDENT'S TEACHER. STUDENTS WHO PERFORM ALTERNATIVE PROJECTS WHO DO NOT ATTEND THIS COURSE OF INSTRUCTION SHALL NOT BE PENALIZED. THE BOARD OF EDUCA- TION OR TRUSTEES OF A SCHOOL DISTRICT SHALL DEVELOP A POLICY TO GIVE REASONABLE NOTICE TO ALL STUDENTS ENROLLED IN THIS COURSE OF INSTRUC- TION, AND STUDENTS' PARENTS OR LEGAL GUARDIANS ABOUT THEIR RIGHTS. SUCH NOTICE SHALL BE MADE AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST AT THE SCHOOL AND DISTRIB- UTED TO ALL PARENTS AND STUDENTS. NOTHING IN THIS SECTION SHALL APPLY TO PRIVATE, CHARTER, RELIGIOUS OR DENOMINATIONAL EDUCATIONAL INSTITUTIONS.(remember bolds/underlines are for emphasis, lower case letters are the old law, capital letters are the new proposed additions, bracketed section is taken out)
1. Notice the original law (NOT the one that Dov Hikind is sponsoring) has gender, and sexes implying they are 2 separate things
2. Notice the original law (NOT the one that Dov Hikind is sponsoring) never says anything against bullying for reasons besides the 11 stated reason (height, accent, athletic ability etc.) showing that the only reason it was sponsored was for gay propaganda in schools and the anti-bullying was just a ruse (excuse to pass the law) In short it's 100% OK legally to bully someone in NY for their height
3. the original law (NOT the one that Dov Hikind is sponsoring) was vague (it's currently interpited as not applying to non public school, but unfortunately that could change in a few years time) as to whether this applies to private school (including Yeshivas)
3. Dov Hikind proposed law would allow children and parents the right to freedom of religion and be excused from a pro-homosexuality curriculum.
4. Dov Hikind's proposed law would make it that this law will be less about the 11 stated reasons for bullying (including homosexuality) and more about not bullying period
5. Dov Hikind's proposed law would make it that people who are not from the 11 protected class (height, accent, athletic ability etc.) are also protected lessening the gay propaganda in this bill and truly making it more to bullying (which the state was supposedly trying to protect us from)
6. Dov Hikind's proposed law would make it clear that only public schools are required to teach this bullying course that includes homosexuality and not Yeshivas.
If you think this law is not necessary remember this story
11 Years old Girls Required To Ask To Kiss Others Girls Due To New York Law
Young girls at a New York middle school were instructed to ask one another for a lesbian kiss and boys were given guidance on how to tell if women are sluts during an anti-bullying presentation on gender identity and sexual orientation, angry parents allege.
Coon told Fox News that her daughter was upset by the classroom lecture and was confused about why she had to ask another girl for a kiss.
“She told me, ‘Mom, we all get teased and picked on enough – now I’m going to be called a lesbian because I had to ask another girl if I could kiss her,’” Coon said.
She said the school told her that the purpose of the lesson was to “teach girls boundaries and how to say no.”
“They also picked two girls to stand in front of the class and pretend they were lesbians on a date,” Coons said. (click to read our previous coverage of this story)
How come Simcha Felder does not sponsor the same bill in the Senate?
How come not a single member of the New York Assembly including the "orthodox" ones co-sponsor this urgent bill?